Date / Time
- Monday, January 19th, 2015
- The Google+ Hangout is limited to 10 attendees.
- If you want to ask questions or add to the discussion, join the hangout.
- If you want to silently watch the meeting, then please watch the YouTube livestream.
- The meeting will be streamed live on YouTube.
- A recording of the meeting will be available online after the meeting.
AWS News and Updates
New Amazon Tag Editor: makes it easier for admins to group resources on a logical basis whereas before they had to tag them service-by-service, region-by-region according to the AWS blog post.
Amazon Kinesis Client Library for Ruby ** Build Kinesis Apps for processing data from Kinesis streams with the new KCL for Ruby.
Amazon ECS (EC2 Container Service)
- re:Invent ECS Presentation
- CoreOS AMI supports ECS
- Using the AWS CLI Create an ECS Cluster
aws ecs create-cluster --cluster-name awsmaine-ecs --profile awsmaine-ecs
Create a VPC with external connectivity enabled.
Create an ECS UserProfile (Role)
- Launch a couple of EC2 instances using an ECS-enabled AMI.
The ECS-enabled AMI is a very lightweight version of the Amazon Linux AMI, optimized and tuned for ECS.
#!/bin/bash echo "ECS_CLUSTER=awsmaine-ecs" >> /etc/ecs/ecs.config
- Retrieve ECS Cluster Status
aws ecs list-container-instances --cluster awsmaine-ecs --profile awsmaine-ecs
aws ecs describe-container-instances --cluster awsmaine-ecs \ --container-instances arn:aws:ecs:us-east-1:xxxxxxxxxxx:container-instance/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx \ --profile awsmaine-ecs
- Create a simple task definition and register it:
aws ecs register-task-definition --family sleep360 \ --container-definitions file://$HOME/tmp/task.json \ --profile awsmaine-ecs
- Run 10 copies of the task:
aws ecs run-task --cluster awsmaine-ecs --task-definition sleep360:1 --count 10 --profile awsmaine-ecs
- List the running tasks:
aws ecs list-tasks --cluster awsmaine-ecs --profile awsmaine-ecs